This short circular, distributed by an anti-slavery campaigning group known as the Bureau de Correspondance, calls on French Protestants to assist in publicising the cause of abolition within their religious communities. Supporters are reminded that abolitionism was beginning to take a prominent place in French public life. 11,000 signatures had already been collected, many from the Protestant community in France, but more were needed in order to demonstrate the weight of public opinion to the French government. The circular also asks Prostestant newspapers to help publicise the cause.
Published in Paris by the "Bureau de Correspondance pour l'Abolition de l'Esclavage dans les colonies françaises. Rue Rumford, no. 8". This anti-slavery petition campaign group aimed to unite Catholics and Protestants in France against colonial slavery, and was run by abolitionists Charles Meyrueis and Guillaume de Félice. Dated 19 June 1847.